This article is going to talk about a very small activity, which we think is to pass time, but benefits beyond our understanding
With video games and the attractive “good guys saving the universe” serials queuing the idiot box, its sad to know that children and teenagers are just becoming couch potatoes.
Quiz them and pat… comes the answer “what else to do? “
Here is one simple yet engrossing activity that can be more intensive to mind than we understand 🙂
Working on puzzles and solving them provides us with very many helpful benefits.
- First of all it makes us alert, increases our concentration, expands our creativity.
- On the other hand, looking at the images constantly helps us practice visualization, which is again good aid for any physical activity that succeeds mental activity.
- It also affects our physical health by lowering our breath rate, reducing heart rate and blood pressure too.
- Working on jigsaw puzzles and focusing on the same image for longer periods can actually turn out more like meditations and induce a certain calmness and peace in the mind. Mind will now be focused only visualizing the image in front and will concentrate on this alone in exclusion to everything else around him.
- Thereby he arrives at a meditative and peaceful stage where no other thoughts occur to disturb his tranquility.
Bhuvana says, these days we also have 10 feet long puzzles which occupies the whole room. Kids and parents together can have fun by solving that! Why not the Jigsaw instead of TV??
Article by: Bhuvana, AssessPeople Services
Editing: SaiLakshmi K V